Personal Helpline

Need help dealing with a personal issue? Please contact one of the resources below.

Alcohol and Drugs 

Domestic Violence

Eating Disorders

  • National Eating Disorders Association Helpline: 1-800-931-2237

Emotional Issues

  • Text the word CARE to 844-670-5838 to talk to someone about your or a friend's feelings of sadness, confusion, anger, despair, etc.

Family Issues

  • Contact your counselor or an OPRFHS social worker (listed at right).


OPRF Anonymous Text Hotline

  • Text 274637 and type #OPRF at the beginning of your message. Available 24/7 for reporting anything that may affect student safety.

Pregnancy, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Other Issues Related to Sexual Health

  • American Sexual Health Association's STD Hotline: 919-361-8488
  • CDC-INFO Hotline: 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636)
  • Planned Parenthood Hotline: 800-230-PLAN (7526)



  • Self Injury Hotline: 800-DONTCUT (800-366-8288)

Sexual Harassment/Misconduct at School

  • Report it to a dean or another trusted adult who will report it to a dean. Click here to view a flowchart and more good-to-know info.


Worried about a Friend

  • Contact your counselor or an OPRFHS social worker (listed at right).

OPRFHS Social Workers
Free and confidential help with any personal issues. If your social worker is out or you prefer to see one of the same gender, contact one of the other social workers below.

Ambrose, Cahill, or Hobson:
Ms. Calcuttawala
Room 2151, 708.434-3238 

Johnson, Ojikutu, or Radziszewski:
Ms. Makely
Room 2139, 708-4343733

Fuentes, Nixen, or White:
Mr. Ecker
Room 2139, 708-434-3734

Hanson, Herbst, or Sherman:
Ms. Madock
Room 3151, 708-434-3728

Lynch, Medina, or Sponsler:
Ms. Benson
Room 2250, 708-434-3730

Not sure who your counselor is? Contact any social worker listed above.